Who are the Agencies
- Primary roles:
- Attract investors to the mortgage marketplace to ensure adequate funding and liquidity for mortgage market needs
- Increase home ownership by making home mortgages more affordable
- Minimize regional disparities through high standardization
- The Agencies
- Ginnie Mae (GNMA)
- US Government agency - fully guaranteed by the US Government
- Fannie Mae (FNMA) & Freddie Mac (FHLMC)
- US Government-sponsored agency
- Indirect guarantee by the US Government
ABN AMRO targets conforming mortgages (GSE securitization).
Additionally, ABN AMRO focuses on prime jumbo mortgages for which it maintains its own securitization vehicle.
ABN AMRO does not participate in sub-prime lending.
Was this article helpful?